Prior commercial scale cooking experience preferred. Have the ability to maintain high quality appetizing food production using standardized recipes. Be capable of economical preparation – control and maintenance of high standards of sanitation. Food Manager Certification is necessary.
• Prepare or direct preparation of all foods indicated on approved menus following standardized recipes and methods of preparation• Schedules food preparation so that items do not set for long periods of times before serving• Estimates food requirements and controls serving portions, eliminating waste and leftovers• Checks equipment and cooking area frequently to insure safety and sanitation requirements are maintained• Requisitions food and supplies for daily needs• Cleans and oversees cleaning of all kitchen area and equipment• Assist manager in cleaning all other area of the senior center• Prepare route sheets for home delivery in absence of manager *• Package or oversee packaging of food for home delivery• Oversee meal pick up by volunteers and assure delivery• Record meal count on posting sheets in absence of center manager *• Serve congregate meals• Other duties as assigned
- Part-Time (29 hours per week)
- Operations/Senior Center Ops
- $8.25 - $9.50 per hour, commensurate with experience level
- Some travel may be required as needed, but travel is not a substantial component of this position.
Applications Can Be Submitted Via
Human Resources Contact
Meals on Wheels of Texoma
4114 Airport Drive
Denison, TX 75020
Via Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Via Fax to (903) 786-8893 Please be sure to include a cover sheet indicating that the fax should be routed to Linda Jay, Operations Manager and indicate that the subject is "Center Cook Position job application"
Please enter "Employment Application for Center Cook Position" in the
Attention: Linda Jay, Operations Manager